Benefits of Membership
As a member of Solomons Island Cycling, you’ll have the opportunity to meet people who share your passion for cycling! You’ll almost always find someone on a ride with similar abilities as you, and club members are always willing to stop and help if the see a fellow rider with a flat or other mechanical problem. You are the reason this is a great club. In addition to the camaraderie, there are other benefits:
- A well planned ride calendar of led rides (road, mtb and gravel)
- Discounts at local area bike shops. Both Patuxent Adventure Center and Bike Doctor of Waldorf offer 15% discount on most purchases (except bikes and labor - see store for details)
- Annual awards banquet and meeting (usually in April)
- Insurance coverage for club members at club rides and events. Insurance coverage is both liability and secondary health care coverage (ask for details).
- Winter training with indoor trainer sessions
- Participation in group events, trips, and bikepacking adventures
- A resource for beginning riders and those new to the sport
- And many more!
What's with the SIC numbers?
Your individual SIC number is assigned to you and any family members you register under a family account. Your SIC number is yours for life - tattoos encouraged!